Saturday, June 27, 2009

For Real


John 7:38 Whoever believes in me, as the Scripture has said, streams of living water will flow from within him."

I met up with some new bikers the other day. Right after we met, we took a break, and got back on the road, the leader pulled us into some veggie selling place on the side of the road only about 1 mile from where I met up with them! You see, it's all luck of the draw, sometimes bikers are about riding, other times they're about short rides from one ice cream stand to the next road side antique fly by night pop up tent sort of thing. When we stopped, I unstrapped Levi's helmet, patted him on the head and said "we'll be outta here soon, this can't be for real."

Wait a minute, they were all huddled round some water source. Then I overheard some guy saying, "Yep, the best water in the whole world comes right from this natural spring!" Ok, they had my undivided attention cause I was hot and Levi was irritable and a cool drink could solve both of those issues, if it was for real. I reluctantly walked over to see what's up. Oh my goodness Holy Water! It was cold, fresh, right out of the rocks, a natural cold spring! Best of the best. Well, by now, most of you who are familiar with Malabar Farm Inn know that there's a natural spring close by and it's a famous place for people to stop year round to get a drink of fresh, living water!

Let us pray that we can be so fortunate as to draw people to God as that water draws people from everywhere. No matter my frame of mind to start with, after I tasted that water, I was staying a while! Even more, got my picture taken drinking it!

That day, more than any other day I understood those scriptures where Jesus speaks of living water. I will thirst even after today, but the fresh anointing of God is something just like that water was to me and Levi. We were hot, tired, and our attention was scattered and we were a bit irritated at the circumstances. However, one taste of that water and our whole attitude changed! God is good, one taste of His fresh anointing, one touch from His gentle hand, one Word from His Holy Bible or even audibly, one sip of His cup of joy and refreshing sense of peace and comfort can change our attitudes toward God & toward each other! Seek His goodness, drink of His Living Water... It's for Real! -have a great day ....ps. the group of bikers led by my good friend Vince, happen to be a great group of riders!

No comments:

Post a Comment