Friday, June 26, 2009

4 Casting Vision


Was @ my good friend's home tonight talking all about leading a church through change. That's the talk of our ministry right now. Our leadership team is striving to accept that the only thing that stays the same is that everything changes. In our need for spiritual and organizational change, sometimes when I lay out a new plan I find myself painting large brush strokes and believing that the team naturally has a sense of which details will need to be executed to get the big picture painted; without actually taking the time to mention the details. I'm learning that assigning minute details and communicating clear directions is what makes or breaks vision casting. Finally, my friend says to me, "Even Pop Tarts have directions!" Sure enough, he went and got a pack of pop tarts (specifically, great value toaster pastries) and read the directions to me. Get a load of these directions!

Toaster: 1. Set The Toaster Or Toaster Oven At Lowest Or Lightest Heat Setting. Remove Pastry from The Pouch. 2. Insert Pastry Into Cool Toaster Or Toaster Oven. 3. Attend Toaster Or Toaster Oven While Heating. Do Not Allow Children to Operate Toasting Device Without Supervision*. 4. After Warming Pastry, Allow Pastry to Cool Briefly. Remove Pastry Carefully from Toasting Appliance. *Caution: If The Pastry Is Overheated, The Frosting/Filling Can Become Extremely Hot and Could Cause Burns. Do Not Leave Toasting Appliance Unattended During Heating Due to Possible Risk of Fire.

We have to be ever so cautious that when we explain a new plan or direction that we clearly communicate the details of how that plan will come to fruition. If we're not communicating clear directions, then no matter if we're the head of our household, leader in our church or running our own business, we won't get the results we expect if we don't communicate the details that are necessary. -Thanks Brent! U the Man!

Buy the way, I also heard that if you have to use a microwave to heat up pop tarts, you're too busy! Awesome thought, I like this since we haven't owned a microwave since.... - I don't think we ever have! - have a great day...

No comments:

Post a Comment