Thursday, June 11, 2009

On the Edge...

My daughter seldom likes to hold my hand and frequently says "Me not like ur kisses daddy, jaw hair!" My whiskers aren't the main issue, they're an excuse - she's very independent. However, tonight after a great night with my beautiful wife Krista and two awesome kids @ Ci Ci's pizza, we all began walking across the parking lot over to our Jeep. My 3 yr. old daughter jumps up on the curb and then stopped dead in her tracks and looked over to me, reached out her hand and without saying a word she was obviously calling for my help. I took full advantage as she let me hold her hand while she walked the edge of the curb. Sometimes God allows us to jump up on the edge so that we'll reach for His hand. We're more concerned about getting ourselves to safety while God is more concerned about holding our hand. Next time that God takes you by the hand in a time of need, don't be so anxious to let go after the need has been met. He's never intimidated by your life obstacle, that's an easy fix for Him - He just wants to hold your hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment