Thursday, June 25, 2009

The Push 4 Peace of Mind

Ecclesiastes 7:25 So I turned my mind to understand, to investigate and to search out wisdom and the scheme of things and to understand the stupidity of wickedness and the madness of folly.

Romans 8:6 The mind of sinful man is death, but the mind controlled by the Spirit is life and peace;

I was running behind schedule even before Monday came into being this week! My mind was racing for days on end... There wasn't any way I could catch up by mid week either, it's just one of those weeks! At the same time, it's a great week to be alive! It's sunny out, I have a new dark shorty windshield coming for my Ultra, what a great week, but I wasn't pushing hard enough 4 a peace of mind! My constant requirements to crank out paperwork has been bearing down on me, most of which I put on myself. I couldn't get my mind past missing my own deadline's and taking just a quick break! And right in the middle of the day yesterday when the D. O. sent out an Ohio family report I sunk in my seat as I read that one of my good friends was recently diagnosed with Hairy Leukemia. I stopped feeling so behind and started feeling so fortunate. My mind settled and my thoughts slowed as I thought about Bill's circumstance. Today friends, can you please set aside one full minute to pray for my good friend Pastor Bill Jones who ministers in Ripley, Ohio. He's an X engineer turned "Pastor Jones." He's optimistic about the chemo and has set his mind to focus on God's divine healing. He was rushed into the ER early this week and has had an I-V in him for several straight days now. I don't exactly know how he even facebooked me back with his I-V in while he lays in the hospital even today... Probably because he was running behind a little at the start of the week like me so he snagged his laptop to do work while laying in the hospital! Bill, you are loved! We look forward to you riding, loving people, and enjoying the sunny days God gives us for years to come! Oh, driving home last night I helped two different drivers change out flats on their cars.... God let me get my hands on something to fix and someone to help so I wouldn't feel so helpless... I suppose? Anyway, by bed time I had already asked God to have his way in my mind, not to dwell on the negative, and to keep Bill's mind strong and focused on the positive; and someday I'll visit w/ Bill N Ripley so he and I can sit on the Ohio river bank thanking God for His miraculous power and deliverance! Have a great day friends... Count your blessings, enjoy the sun shine, don't set such a high precedent for yourself that it may steal your peace of mind! Set your sights as high as God gives you the ability, know your limits & seek the mind of Christ in all things!

No comments:

Post a Comment