Saturday, June 20, 2009

Dad's Day


Happy Father's Day to all dad's! I just got off the phone with my dad - if I can share just one quick note about father-son team work let me share this one... When I was in Jr. High sometime my dad and I entered a father/son team muzzle loader shooting contest on Father's Day. It was one of those extremely rare Sunday's that my mother let me miss church! The short story is that each father and son took the same number of shots at the targets so that it was fair for each team. At the end, My dad and I won the Shawnee Rifle Club annual father & son shoot! I've got the trophy on display still to this day. Here's a quick thought as Father's Day relates to our Heavenly Father. God is your dad. He's on your team. God will never let you down, He'll always make you look better than you are. He's with you from one victory to the next. He'll never leave you or forsake you. He watches out for you, He cares for you. And most importantly, He enjoys watching you for the purpose of His total fulfillment and joy - just as you like to watch your kids. He loves you so much that words can't explain. He enjoys seeing you happy and He will do everything in His power to prepare you for a life full of joy and many victories!

1 comment:

  1. I love pop tarts!! Love your blog pastor tom. I see that you have been trying to keep up with it. Great job, look forward to hearing more..Lord bless you and your family.

    ReplyDelete