Thursday, July 2, 2009

Fuel per Second


I met with my mom for lunch yesterday. Was awesome. We talked about life, cars, kids, church, people; the typical things! And when I got to the part of our current ministry circumstance in Mansfield, I expressed a few of my epistemological certifiable certitudes about the launch & how we need to best catapult our new ministry into existence - even though I'm feeling overwhelmed by following through with some decisions I know I have to make!

In short, our new ministry has to come off with excellence so that the community sees a confident attempt at being God's hands and feet in Richland Co. Ohio. After telling my mother every thing we need to have ready for our launch, plus expressing my concern of the cost...because I'm a tight wad at heart; my mother reminded me of something that will help me stay focused and confident during the start of this new ministry here in Mansfield...

"It takes more fuel to launch than it does to fly." -JGG This obviously means per second, or per mile, or while reaching an altitude. It takes more fuel per second to get up to speed than it does fuel per second to maintain speed. Or, it's more costly for fuel per mile when drag racing than when racing oval track. Keep in mind, as we launch this new ministry we're striving hard to create a drag racing machine that quickly transforms into a school bus for the long haul....if you follow that - I need you on this team!

When you pray, pray for our new church launch team here in Mansfield! We want our Father in heaven to be Glorified!

have a great day....

No comments:

Post a Comment