Thursday, July 9, 2009

Stay Focused on Your Vision


I have poor eye sight. When I was younger I was told that doing eye muscle exercises would solve my issue. Well, that's an incredibly long story... However, it relates well to spiritual focus. For one - it's crystal clear to me that in keeping my life focus; or what's referred to as my life vision for my household and for my ministry does in fact take spiritual exercises to ensure stamina while on my faith jog with Jesus. Those spiritual exercises burn just like lifting weights, running hard or doing visual exercises to strengthen the eyes. That's the point, without a challenge or a push back we typically just stand still. We don't push as hard forward when we're not in training or when we're not in the ring or on the field. Stay focused on your vision- your vision is simply your plan that will get you to your goal - reach for it, press hard for it. Keep your eye on the sparrow, keep your eye on the ball, stay attentive to your opponent, expect some push back- but expect to be victorious in Christ's name. At the end of the day, be sure to have stayed focused on what you set out for- not deterring from what God has set before you.

No comments:

Post a Comment