Monday, July 27, 2009

Office Picture

I haven't wrote anything for about a week... schew. Today I sat in my office after some of our team leaders moved their office equipment out of my office so we and they could operate a little more smoothly. Anyway, I sat in my chair and stared at the picture on the wall in front of me. It's a picture of Jesus and a seasoned minister sitting at a desk in an office that my Mom gave me just before finishing Bible college. I had a ton of things on my mind and I looked up at the picture and my mind stopped in it's tracks. I sat and watched that picture like it was a movie clip. I saw Jesus reaching out his hand to the preacher offering suggestions, advice, even stern instruction. I saw that man listening to Jesus' every Word hoping to retain what he was hearing so he could apply it to his life and ministry. After just a short time of reflection in my own life, I was thankful I had those few moments with Jesus. I speak regularly of being still and knowing that God is who He says He is - and today I got to practice it with a few minutes of listening to Jesus speak to me while I sat still knowing He is God! Oh, I searched the net for that picture to add here, but couldn't find it!

No comments:

Post a Comment