Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Really Live; For a Whole Minute!

So I was called to the hospital today to visit with a woman who had open heart surgery yesterday. When I walked in she looked so tired and in so much pain. As I approached her bed she was faintly saying as loud as she could, "Dear God, Jesus I'm in pain, Dear God, Jesus, I'm in pain..." She must have said it 15 times in the first few minutes I stood by her bed holding her hand. A nurse came in gave me a cup of ice and I took the job title of "Ice Feeder." So I gave my friend small bits of ice with a plastic spoon for about a half hour. It took about that long for the med's (from the nurse who came in) and ice to work enough for her to relax some.

Do you remember the last time that you begged for God to do something in your life? I remember being in such hospital beds gasping for air and hoping to live another minute. What about pausing what your doing right this minute, clear your mind, and consider how good God is. Think of how precious your kids are. What do you have in your fridge? How about your garage? What about your last vacation? Is God good or what?

He's good. Stop and beg of His mercies and ponder His awesomeness on your good days. We don't have to be in the hospital to beg for God's provision, let's do it today. Sometimes I really come to life when I stop and think of God's goodness and mercy, His gifts, His presence, His everything; my kids, my wife, my fortune, my garage, my day off, sunny days, Kingdom victories, ...the list goes on and the story never ends. Let's pause, and -Really Live; for a Whole Minute!

And, as my 5 year old son says when he really wants something from God, "Please Jesus" .... Please Jesus, give peace to Sally Long and healing to David Long! We love and trust you Jesus for Dave's complete healing.

1 comment:

  1. I needed that reminder. Thank you PT. And thank you, Lord!

    ReplyDelete