Monday, August 17, 2009

Great Church Service: + derby cars, race truck, crotch rocket, and a 60 something nova...

Krista and I took the kids to their grandparents on Sunday...in Allen Co. Ohio where we were raised. By the end of the afternoon I had spent some time in the derby car barnyard where some friends were sawing and welding on derby cars, replacing a motor or two and tightening up the loose sheet metal from several previous derby's on some broke down surely unrecognizable Cutlass Supreme, or something! I left my good friend Chuck to take a tour of my brother in law's new hobby trophies. Spent a few miles at 120mph in Dustin's '68 Nova, walked around his '88 Chevy S 10 race truck, and my sister in law Candace let me take her (new to her) '99 Honda CBR 600 f4 sport bike for a short cruz around the block... yes, I touched 100 or so once then just took it easy. I couldn't stay for the derby car field run which is a favorite past time of mine most every year before the Allen Co. fair... but I can't complain with all the other action I was afforded that day. What a nice day....

I saved the best info for last - our church service was rocking awesome and God moved like an avalanche during the service. It was one of the most pivotal services in the history of my life as I laid out our plan for our name change, temporary relocation while we spruce up our current building for our Launch of Velocity Church on Easter Sunday April 4th 2010! Cool enough, it happened to be the first service Brooks and Katelyn Page were w/us, too. As Col. John "Hannibal" Smith from the A Team used to say "I love it when a plan comes together!" Who can turn back God's hand when He sets His mind to something? What weapon can be formed against us that will over take us? You know the answers to these questions - the answer is God is glorious, He is awesome, He is wonderful, He is the great I Am! There's nothing like His power, His love, or His overwhelming presence that gives peace to the anxious, comfort to the restless, healing to the hurting, & salvation to the possessed!

Was a great Sunday!!!

Rock on.... Velocity Church - Mansfield Moving Forward - Matthew 28:16-20.

1 comment:

  1. It was a great service. So glad to have been a part of it. And what God is doing in Mansfield through Velocity Church!

    ReplyDelete