Friday, April 22, 2011

Humbled at Home


Yesterday I walked less than a mile from our church to go door to door letting people know that we had a food drive happening. As I walked through one neighborhood I was humbled at the life style some are living less than a mile from the church, not over seas, right here at home. Some were hard workers working a couple jobs each, others, not so much. However, I remember Jesus going town to town and door to door in the scriptures. In one instance in Matthew 15, Jesus called his disciples to him and said, "I have compassion for these people; they have already been with me three days and have nothing to eat. I do not want to send them away hungry, or they may collapse on the way." Jesus healed many of the people and fed them all. Lord help me to have compassion on people like you do. Lord don't ever let me forget my many blessings and continually remind me to share them!

Luke 6:38
Give, and it will be given to you: good measure, pressed down, shaken together, and running over will be put into your bosom. For with the same measure that you use, it will be measured back to you.”

John 6:35
And Jesus said to them, “I am the bread of life. He who comes to Me shall never hunger, and he who believes in Me shall never thirst.

No comments:

Post a Comment