Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Chess


League City, 1998 - I remember my good friend Mike T. who taught me the basic moves of playing chess while we lived in League City. He attended our church and we lived in the same apartment complex. I still remember coming home most everyday and thinking only about playing chess! Within a few days the game of chess had consumed my mind and I still remember sitting on Mike's porch learning the moves and trying to beat him for the first time. I still think about chess all the time! Matter of fact, I play it on facebook most everyday. I make one or two moves a day against my opponents in games that sometimes last for months! Just saying...I sort of enjoy chess!

Christianity should be something that consumes our mind. We should constantly be asking God how we can learn more about Him & best serve Him. If we ask; "How can I better serve my family, my friends, my church?" that's one sign that we're heading in the right direction. Serving God is serving each other. Jesus said if you serve the least of those around you then you have served Him. Matthew 25:31-40. Most new Christians are so excited to serve God it's all they think about; pleasing God begins to consume them. The Apostle Paul says that living a life of Christ is a marathon, not a sprint. Therefore, let's take our faith walk with God in stride, don't burn out, keep on moving forward, even if it's in small steps. Hold steady to the truth of God's promises so that you will finish with the eternal prize of Heaven. 2 Timothy 4:7,8 and 1 Corinthians 9:24.

No comments:

Post a Comment