Thursday, January 7, 2010

There's a sweet taste to a fast...


For my friends who are fasting for 40 days...And for those who may feel God tugging on them to fast for His will to be done in your life:

From Deut. 8:3, Jesus quotes Moses in Matthew 4:4 when he tells the devil that man does not live on bread alone, but on every Word that comes from the mouth of God.

Deuteronomy 4:2 (NIV) Moses delivers this message (among others) during the last 40 days of Israel's wanderings before crossing the Jordan - “Do not add to what I command you and do not subtract from it, but keep the commands of the LORD your God that I give you.” ---What ever you feel God has spoken to you about, don't add or subtract from it during your fast.

2 Corinthians 9:7 (NIV) says "Each man should give what he has decided in his heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver." ---Don't cheat on your fast. Give to God what you decided to in the beginning and find joy in doing so.

On the second day of our church wide (and beyond) fast, I felt like I was doing something worth while when my body started to make it's adjustments, if you know what I mean.

Doing something meaningful and challenging for God's sake is the sweetest taste of victory in the world.

Keep up the good work!

No comments:

Post a Comment