Tuesday, January 5, 2010

1st day of 40 day fast

After the day was near over, I read from Deuteronomy 4:2. God tells the Israelites through Moses: "Do not add to what I command you and do not subtract from it, but keep the commands of the LORD your God that I give you." This message delivered within the last 40 days of the desert wanderings. God is instructing them to stay with the plan, read, study, pray, stay devoted, don't be wishy washy, remember where they came from and where they're going.... So, on the first day of my fast I had one big question for a mentor of mine. Between his response and this scripture, I got my answer. I believe I heard form God. I won't add or subtract from His words to appease my own lack of understanding. It's not easy, but if it were, everyone would be doing it...

No comments:

Post a Comment