Monday, October 12, 2009

Mostly VeloCity Update

I love God, life, people, and so on...feeling well today! (full of high octane coffee too)

Quick reminder: At Church Planting boot camp I was strongly encouraged to document our progress through this adventure of starting up VeloCity church:

So, Update on VeloCity:

First of all, thank you for all of your prayers. I have people asking me constantly about VeloCity and just as many people telling me you're praying for us! So awesome! We have a great team of people who are dedicated to seeing lives changed as a result of our efforts. Matter of fact, there's only one reason we're planting VeloCity Church: It's to see lives changed!

Sat. was pastor appreciation day at VeloCity. It went very well. Our people our becoming extremely focused on our dreams and visions for VeloCity. It was a great dinner and I love our people! Thank you all! Our team of people show their appraceation to me regularly!- I'm blessed!

This was our second Sat. service last week. We meet at Mansfield First AG at 5pm. Our team shows up early to set up chairs and do sound checks in the youth sanctuary. Scott S. comes and puts out our tri-fold signs on the street corners one hour before service. As of now, we view our "soft launch" as a whisper to the community. This means we're not doing a lot of advertising right now, just word of mouth while we progress slowly each week. Sometime in December or shortly after, we'll start doing a bit more advertising, as we get ready for Easter Sunday of next year; which we're considering our Hard launch! By the way, if you're not busy on Easter next year, you may want to reserve your seat now, I think our first issue to face will be our small building! Oh, and if you're not busy next April 11th, you may want a seat in that service too, it's Mid Ohio Moving Forward Day where we've already scheduled the Mayor of Mansfield to be there and I expect several other area mayor's to show up in support of Mid Ohio Moving Forward Day! Oh, and if you're not busy for Memorial Day weekend... well, get ready to raise the roof for our veterans in a big way, they deserve it! Wait, we may do that celebration a week eary so I can invite some special people....hummm.... stay tuned for that Veteran's appreciation day - we love our troops and we plan to show them so!

So... Our Saturday night services are going well and people see the need for what we're doing. We have a planning day coming soon for the Cook rd. property. We'll be painting, changing lighting, doing some construction, the works! We hope to have our land sold within a few weeks...did I ever say much about that? I actually expect a call today solidifying the sale document, but don't hold your breath, it's a slow process, no fault of our awesome buyer, who..... The short story is that last April, my now good friend, who I will keep anonymous until the sale is complete; however, the buyer (out of generosity) met our asking price - may God bless him and his family abundantly!

Grandma Jean... I need Leonard to come to a service next May as we celebrate our Veterans. I think I've got a good idea... We'll do our service the Sunday before Memorial Day so there's less schedule conflict for all involved...

So, as of now, I prepare for some time with my loving wife and Kids for a week's worth of vacation. Molly asked me what "Loving Kids" means... Sort of funny - Then we come back home to pass out 500 hotdogs on trick or treat night at my house, along with 500 bottles of water with the VeloCity logo on them... and a bag of chips! Then our Thanksgiving dinner on the Ohio State Michigan Game day, don't worry, time is set accordingly to not miss the game... Then it's Christmas time! Schew...

Today: I'm reading and studying... And will bundle up Levi and Molly for their last ride on the Ultra before the nearly last afternoon of good fall weather is gone like the wind...

Love you all -

1 comment:

  1. Wish we were going to be in town to help with trick or treat night! Arg.

    Sat was awesome with great music, great food and great friends. Loved it!

    ReplyDelete