Sunday, December 19, 2010

A God Moment


A God Moment: The other day my 6 yr. old son asked to help me mop @ the church. He was mopping the bathroom floors and cafe area w/ his ipod on singing the words "Not to us, but to your name be the Glory"...mopping floors. What a teachable remind-able moment for my boy to remind me that everything we do on Earth, even the little things, even to the least of these, even mopping floors or sharing a smile to the cashier or telling the waiter he did a good job: everything we do is for God, not for us. Every action, every good work, every act of faith, all hope - and our hope - is for God to be glorified. As Levi mopped away I stood still & knew HE was God. And today @ Velocity I had another God moment; the kind of moment where God fills us beyond explanation. I hope tomorrow I have another few minutes where time stands still and I am aware of God's presence! Furthermore, I hope you do too! Look for God at every turn in your day, He's there to help you see things clearly!

No comments:

Post a Comment