Thursday, September 24, 2009

Jumping from the boat....

I am fortunate to be who I am, where I am, married to the one I am, dad to the two best fun loving little kiddo's in the world, and pastor the people I am called to!


I'm walking by faith like never before and I was sharing some of our ministry story with someone recently and they encouraged me to document what God is doing in me and in Mansfield, Ohio.


So here goes - A quick review...


3 years ago I came to Mansfield Ohio to pastor Southwood Hills Church. Bottom line for Southwood Hills Church; a vision from God was necessary and surely coming like a steady steam pulling down the mountain, and I was called into the mix of what God was and is doing in Mansfield, Ohio!


I soon began attending Pastor Tom Blair's staff and prayer meetings on Tuesday's and a relationship began to develop between he and I, and the whole pastoral staff at their church. After some time, Pastor Blair and I started talking about big picture for Southwood Hills. The people needed hope, they needed a challenge, they needed a goal, they needed; A Vision.


Now, three years later, we're just a few days away from our last Sunday morning on Cook Rd. for a 6 month period. We're going to tarp our current church sign, and put up another sign that thanks the neighbors of the neighborhood for the many years of being a good neighbor and bid them good bye as Southwood Hills Church. The plan is, as of Saturday Oct. 3rd, 2009- to meet at Mansfield First Assembly of God on Sat. nights at 5pm until Easter of 2010. On that Easter Sunday morning, we come back to Cook Rd. and launch a whole new ministry as VeloCity Church. The details are many, the workers are few, but I'm sure that God will give energy and rest to our leaders as we trek forward with His divine will for our community through VeloCity Church!


Over the next number of weeks ahead, I think I'll use this blog spot to post updates, tributes, challenges, changes, victories, road bumps, and all the like - tastefully :)


In all, our church leaders and myself are attempting a once in a lifetime opportunity to jump from the boat, walk on some water, and take Jesus by the hand!


This new church plant as VeloCity Church was birthed by the confirmation of many signs from God, words of people, and my personal prayer time!


Pray for VeloCity Church - Mansfield is Moving Forward!

2 comments:

  1. Looking forward to walking on some water . . . and of course, taking Jesus by the hand!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pastor Tom,
    You have never met me but my name is Jeremiah Feicht and as a kid I grew up at Southwood and as I got older I saw a need for change and revival in that church and it wasn't until after I left and eventually went to bible college. (SAGU) That I began to see reality and seeing what your doing with this church is amazing and I will be praying for you and your work in Mansfield it is much needed and I believe that it will be blessed by God.

    God Bless,
    Jeremiah Feicht

    ReplyDelete